Butterfly Pavilion

One of our other adventures during Christmas break was to visit the Butterfly Pavilion. Here the kids can hold spiders ( a huge Tarantula named Rosie), touch sea creatures, see every kind of gross and scary insect imaginable, and walk around in a magical butterfly garden. Every once and a while you get lucky and a butterfly will land on you. We happened to get lucky on this visit and one jumped on Kaitlin's foot. To rescue it from being squashed, Karlie carefully let it walk onto her hand. She then passed it to Hailey. The girls were beside themselves. I was wishing Max was there so I could take more pictures of the tropical flowers. It made me long for Hawaii. Maybe one day we will get to take a Christmas break there. Now that is my idea of a break!


5 comments:

Abbie said...

*GASP* You mean they HELD the spider?!? I think I'm gonna pass out.....

How cool that the butterfly just sat on their little hands! What beautiful pictures!

MondaythroughSunday said...

What beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a GREAT time! I am so impressed that your girls held the spider..I think I would have passed! I love the hibiscus! When we lived in Florida we had a couple of those bushes and it was amazing to have those flowers bloom almost year round!

Jessica said...

What a brave girl to hold that tarantula!!! Beautiful pics! Very awesome experience I am sure... Yes, Hawaii is beautiful... I actually got married there... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... That sounds great.

Steph said...

Can you believe I've never been there? So close, and I've never been. Might have something to do with the fact that I hate creepy, crawly, flying things! Good for your girls for holding Rosie!

SCOTT BURROUGHS said...

That would be a dream come true for me- myself and my two boys holding some hairy, venomous eight legged freak of nature in our hands. Your daughters are braver than I am. Back in Florida we used to hunt those puppies (in our house) with a bb gun.