How to Gain 10 lbs in One Month

22 weeks and growing rapidly! I had my check-up with my doctor yesterday. The baby is doing great and apparently I am doing a little too well. It's a little embarrassing when the doctor checks your weight gain from the last appointment and replies, "I see the holidays have been treating you well." As I turned a few shades of red, I acknowledged that yes we have been eating well. So well that I have gained 10 POUNDS!!! The doctor was kind enough to tell me that I am still in the "normal range for weight gain at this point" but I had better reign it in a little. So, it looks like I will have to cut out a few of the foods we have been feasting on. If you are one of the only people NOT resolving to lose weight or get in shape in the new year, then follow this strict diet to achieve a Santa Clause appearance like I have!

Prime Rib and Yorkshire Pudding for our Christmas Eve dinner.
Creamed Eggs for breakfast on Christmas morning. Can you hear my heart calling for help yet?
Baked brie with apricot preserves in the middle. Don't worry, this wasn't the main course, just an appetizer on New Years Eve.
Turkey, the creamiest and most butter laden mashed potatoes I have ever made for New Year's Day dinner.
Last but certainly not least, cheesecake.

Now these are only the highlights for gaining 10 lbs. If you need help filling in the rest, don't hesitate to call. I am sure if you added a little wine with all of this, you could achieve an even higher rate of gain!

7 comments:

Abbie said...

HAHAHA My dear Katie! You are so funny! You look wonderful! Is there anything in particular that you seem to be craving? My food of choice was puffy cheetos and crunchy dill kosher pickles during my pregnancy. By the way-I'm still extremely jealous about the tray of cheesecake. Next time one lands on your door step, send it my way-I'd be glad to put on an extra 10 pounds for that tray of heavenly goodness! haha

Queeny said...

Yum, yum. You're making my mouth water. Hi, I saw you at the mom blogs and I'm always looking for new bloggers to meet. So, nice to meetcha.

I'd be glad to take some of that cheesecake off your hands, too.

Steph said...

You're too cute, Katie! Check out that little tummy...just want to make sure the little dude enjoys his first holiday meals, right?! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cheesecake and could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (not to mention snacks!). YUM!!!

Jessica said...

I would like to say that there is nothing wrong with gaining weight during pregnancy... Especially if you enjoyed what you eat!!! Like your blog, will visit more!

MondaythroughSunday said...

lol...I did the same thing with my first baby. We came out here to visit my Mom and coming from Florida...I was FREEZING and spent two weeks visiting and eating. 10 lbs in two weeks!! At least it took you a month!

Cris said...

MMmmm, how do you make those creamed eggs... no wait! Don't tell me! I must not know! Please... I need to NOT know how to make those sinful looking things. I am guessing they would be a million points on Weight Starvers. Grrr

Mary Poppins NOT said...

Awwww........

now I'm hungry. What a delicious array of food photos. Holiday's are for feasting. The time for fasting is coming, so don't sweat it.

(Of course, I don't mean as a woman expecting a baby you should really fast, I just meant in a cyclical sort of way, the food intake naturally goes down.)