26 Week Belly Pictures

We are growing bigger every day. I think he will be my biggest baby yet. I wish I could say that I have only gained a mere 2 pounds (his weight). But you can see from the pictures that mom is enjoying her free ticket to eat EVERYTHING!



*Your baby may weigh about two pounds now (average is 1.7 pound, 760gm) and is 14 inches (35.6cm) in length

*To support the fetus's growing body, the spine is getting stronger and more supple. Though no longer than the span of the average adult hand, it is now made up of 150 joints, 33 rings, and some 1,000 ligaments.

*Although they've been sealed shut for the last few months, your baby's eyes are opening and beginning to blink this week.

*Fetal brain scans show response to touch. If you shine a light on your abdomen, your baby will turn his head, which according to researchers, means his optic nerve is working.

Visit Pregnancy.org to learn more about Version 4.0 or your own baby's development.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

You look fabulous! Who cares how much you gain silly! You will loose it later! (Also, this is not your first kid! You are going to be bigger!!!) Hey, arent you the L &D RN???? Continued Blessings!

Abbie said...

Katie! You look wonderful!

I'm excited as well to have a pregnant buddy online...no matter how crappy I feel. :)

I'll get that little baby ticker up someday. :)

Steph said...

You like great Katie! I just love looking at belly pics. And just think...soon enough you will have a little *boy* running around your house! You will L.O.V.E. it!!!

MondaythroughSunday said...

You look AMAZING! You have a cute little bump..I seemed to spread all over!