Better Times

We had to wait and have our Valentine’s Day dinner over the weekend because everyone was sick on Valentine’s Day. Once all were healthy we feasted on crab legs, pasta, asparagus and Cesar salad. For desert none other than devil’s food chocolate cake with strawberry frosting. Our streak of health didn’t last long, a mere 7 days.

We had a wonderful weekend enjoying my sister’s rehearsal dinner, wedding, and getting to visit with my in-laws. Max took the in-laws to the airport and that signaled the end of good times. Both of the older girls cried because of their grandparents’ departure and that Monday was waiting for them in the morning. This meant daddy would be back to work and Hailey has to go to school. After hugs, lots of consoling, and bathing them, Karlie started to complain of her tummy hurting. At first I blew it off as an over tired kid who was ready for bed. That is until she vomited all over me, and practically every part of the bathroom. I was shocked by the sheer volume and projection. Enough said.

My oldest sister and her son came down with it on Saturday night. I was hoping it was something they ate. I got on my gloves and got to cleaning, this was going to get messy with three kids. We lined the beds and floor next to their beds with towels and gave the older girls puke buckets. With everyone tucked in we went to sleep. For all of 45 minutes. Karlie was sick again. I knew this was going to be a long night for me with no help from Max. He had set his alarm for 3:30 am to go to work. I couldn’t very well ask him to wake-up and help. So after 4 times of me grunting and trying to as quickly as I could roll out of bed and waddle into Karlie’s room, I gave up and got the sleeping bag and mat on the floor next to her.

My stomach began to cramp and my mouth to salivate. It was only 11pm. I don’t know if I was truly feeling bad or if the anticipation of two more sick kids, loads of puke towels, and the thought of me vomiting were causing the discomfort. Pregnant and puking is a bad combo. I have enough problems making my bladder behave when coughing, sneezing or laughing, I can only imagine what additional laundry puking would bring! For the first time in this pregnancy NOTHING sounds good to eat and I am dreading driving Hailey to school. I would just love to get more vomit in my car and on the car seats that just finally got reassembled after our last puke escapade. I sure hope March will bring a little luck and better times to our house.

5 comments:

MondaythroughSunday said...

Ah!! bummer! I pray it clears up quickly! I hate throw up!! Yuck! I pray you all heal up quickly and I am believing with you that March will be your well month!! Amen!

Abbie said...

Aww Katie friend! I'm so sorry the pukes have encroached on your house. :(

I'll be praying for you and your precious family! Know you are loved! :)

MondaythroughSunday said...

Came by to say I was thinking of you and your precious family..I do hope you are all feeling better.

Jessica said...

UGH! That stinks! Just remember, March is only a few days away and I am sure that it will be better!

Lacey Morgan said...

awww, I am glad it is over. sorry you guys have been so sick this winter. Hopefully this is the last of it!! Your Valentine's dinner looked yummy though!