How the Cookie Crumbles

I remembered to take a picture after 3 families had already taken some of the cookies.

When we got home Saturday after picking up 129 cases of Girl Scout Cookies, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Yes, that is 1548 boxes of cookies, and 10,576 cookies sitting in MY living room! You should have smelled it. You could actually smell the sugar. My mouth was salivating. We quickly removed our portion (6 boxes) and began to devour them. We only have one unopened box left. I imagine it will be lucky if it remains that way throughout the day.
I quickly realized that this was not heaven, it was hell! Pure torture. We did not sample every variety, but oh how I longed to taste those we didn’t. We ordered one of the new flavors this year, the Lemon Chalet Creams. Well, I can tell you one box is certainly not going to be enough, especially since it is already gone. So as families came and picked up their portion over the weekend, I began to feel a little possessive about my cookies. They were leaving in droves. I now don’t have a single box of Trefoils to stare at or sniff. Thankfully, we still do have a few cases of the other 7 types left for me to glance at adoringly throughout the day. They call to me throughout the day. They have become part of my food guide pyramid and present at every meal and snack in between.

Somehow we are short on few types. They happen to be my favorites. I don’t remember getting up in the night and eating 5 boxes of Lemon Creams or 4 boxes of Tagalongs. But they are gone. Maybe the cookie monster? Maybe a math error? Maybe an amnesia episode brought on by the pure torture of filling a pregnant woman’s house with thousands of delicious cookies? Those are mysteries I am still working on. At least I have extras of the Samoas, the Thin Mints, and the All Abouts. I guess they will have to keep my stomach companion while I try to unravel the mystery of those missing. ☺

6 comments:

MondaythroughSunday said...

YUMMO!! Wow..that is A LOT of cookies!

Steph said...

MMMM, Girl Scout cookies! I just tried one of the lemon ones at my parents' house last night...yum! These darn things are my downfall in life.

Lacey Morgan said...

mmmmm...your tourturing me now!! Sounds delicious!!

Abbie said...

Oh yikes!! How do you control yourself?? I'm very proud of you! :)

Jessica said...

WOW! That is alot of GS cookies! I bet your house smelled better than a Gold Canyon candle! Send me some Lemon cremes!!!

Devin said...

Did I hear Thin Mints?! Thin Mints, you say?!