Karlie's Party


The theme for Karlie's Party was Tinkerbell Treasure Island. We had the kids dress as their favorite fairy, pirate, or princess. I bought paper mache boxes from Hobby Lobby and painted them gold before the party. Once all the kids arrived they got to decorate them with jewels, stickers and put their names on them. It was then time to go on a treasure hunt that would lead them to their loot. They collected prizes along the way to fill their boxes. The first challenge was to throw darts at balloons filled with play money. One balloon contained the next clue which was to dig in a sand box filled with candy necklaces, rings, and the next clue. They then had to get a tattoo to find the next clue. After walking the plank they earned wands and telescopes and the next clue. Each of them got sprinkled with Pixie Dust (it is still stuck in the girls' hair). The final challenge was to drink Fairy Fizz which was fruit punch mixed with pop rocks. At that point they earned bubbles and fun straws and the final clue that led them to the candy filled Pinata. It was a busy party but I think worth it. I had a two kids tell me it was the best party ever. I don't think I would go that far, but they seemed to enjoy all the treats. I found a bunch of great ideas party ideas at Coolest Kid Birthday Party Ideas.

Max made her cake. It was the first party that we ate ALL the cake, so we had to make another one for her actual birthday. Those pictures to follow in her Birthday Menu post.

4 comments:

Splaneyo said...

Oh my gosh - you must have been dig prep work for weeks! Sound like the "best ever" party to me too. Hope the birthday girl had a fantastic day - we were thinking of her.
Heather

MondaythroughSunday said...

Fun~!! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

Steph said...

Wow, Katie...what a great party! I hate to tell you, but I think you're another one of "those" Moms who make Moms like me look bad! I have already started dreading Ciara's party (not until June!). What to do? Where to go? Yada, yada, yada...

Abbie said...

WOOOOWWWW!!! You are the coolest mom E-VER!! :) Can you throw me my next birthday party?? Ideas: Margaritas and beach theme. Thanks.