Not Her Mama's Brownies

My memories from Brownies are singing songs and making a pine cone bird feeder. I think Hailey's Brownies should be renamed Extreme Scouts. Hailey has one of the best troop leaders out there. She is always coming up with great field trips and lessons for the girls. From the pumpkin patch, having professional dancers teach the girls how to dance(my 6 year old may be able to do the cha-cha, but I sure can't), to rock climbing and horse camps, these girls do it all! Recently they went rock wall climbing. Hailey and one other girl were the only two to make it to the top out of all 17 girls! Yes, I am bragging. I was not there for the class and came to pick her up and she had to show me how strong she was. As I watched her ascend the two story wall, my heart began to have palpitations and I could feel sweat beading up on my belly! I was so excited and terrified for her at the same time. She showed great strength and determination as she was exhausted about half way up and kept going. With the other girls cheering her on, she continued to scale up the wall. They were chanting "go spider girl", while I could barely breath, much less shout to her to continue. The gym erupted with applause and cheers as she reached the top and my eyes began to water. I don't know if it was fear or joy. Watching her swing down was almost as nerve wracking. But I must say I am so proud of her even if it did take a few years off my life.

4 comments:

Abbie said...

ohhhh That almost made ME teary!! haha

God bless my pregnant hormones...

Monday through Sunday said...

LOL! That is too awesome! Go girl!

Jessica said...

She is a brave one!


Thanks for checking in on me! I have been so crazy it has been ridiculous!

Lacey Morgan said...

I see Haileys a little dare devil eh?? That's awesome that she made it to the top. I bet she was so proud of herself as she should be!