Baby Time!

This morning when my doctors did the ultrasound to look at the baby's position and check the amniotic fluid level they found that I have zero amniotic fluid. Yep, zip-zero-nadda. This is a problem. It signifies the placenta is not working well and at 37 weeks it is better for him to come out than risk something happening. The doctors will not attempt a version with zero fluid since it would most likely compress the umbilical cord and cause the baby distress and create the need for an emergency cesarean. Normally they would have done it today but there was a scheduling conflict. They agreed to let me go home on bed rest until tomorrow when they can do the cesarean.

It is surreal that tomorrow I am going to be a mommy again. We are very excited and a little caught off guard. I was planning on 2 more weeks! We look forward to introducing Version 4.0 when we get home.

Thank you for all of your prayers, love and support.


5 comments:

Splaneyo said...

Good luck Katie - we are looking forward to seeing the little guy! Does he have a name yet?

Heather

Monday through Sunday said...

Many blessing to you! I pray all goes well. I look forward to seeing the pictures of your new baby boy! God bless you and your family!

Steph said...

Katie, I am so excited for you! I will say a prayer that all goes well. I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy. You are in for such a treat!!!

Lacey Morgan said...

I can't wait to see this little man. What a lucky little boy he is to have you and Max as his Parents!! Your in my thoughts today!!

Abbie said...

Ohhh Katie!! I'm so excited for you!! I'm praying for you today and cannot wait to see that precious new face!! Love you girlie! :)