Henry Needs Your Prayers



It is with a heavy heart that I introduce our son Henry Maxwell who we will call "Hank". He was born April 18th at 1:45 pm. He weighed 6lbs and 2 ounces and was 19 and 1/2 inches long. He started having difficulty breathing shortly after being born and has continued to decline. These pictures are from yesterday when he had a machine to help him breath called CPAP. Unfortunately this was not enough support for Henry and they had to intubate him and put him on a ventilator. They think he has premature lungs that is complicated by pneumonia. Things seem to keep getting worse and he now also has pulmonary hypertension. They have had to add blood pressure medications, central arterial and venous lines and keep him sedated. He is receiving antibiotics and nutrition through his veins. This morning the ventilator was at its maximum capacity. The doctor informed me that little Hank is the NICU's sickest baby right now and they will be watching him very closely. Max and I are very scared and worried. Please pray for Hank and for strength for us. I will update as I can.

15 comments:

Abbie said...

Oh Katie, my heart is so heavy for you guys right now. God has your precious precious Henry cradled in his arms and he will NEVER leave his side through this...or YOURS. Love you guys and we'll be praying.

Monday through Sunday said...

We are praying

Devin said...

Oh my goodness Katie. We're sending prayer after prayer up for Henry and your family. I know you are scared to death but do know God is there with you. Henry is absolutely beautiful. Please take care of yourself too.

Steph said...

Katie, your little Henry is precious. My heart is heavy for you and your entire family right now. Know that I am thinking of you all, and saying prayers often. I know I only know you through cyberspace, but I am close by...please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. My email is williamspublic -at- comcast -dot- net. Love & hugs to all.

Anonymous said...

Kate... we are all praying for you and the family. If you need anything even though I'm in Cali. I'm a phone call away. Just know that God is carrying you right now and he will give you ALL the strength, just turn to Him.We love you all!!

Stephanie

Lacey Morgan said...

Katie, I have had you on my mind and in my prayers throughout the day. I am sorry little Hank is sick and I hope he gets better soon. I know this is such a hard time for you right now. We are here for you..Love you!!

Redhead in Vegas said...

Lots of love and good thoughts from our family to yours.
Carey, Lance and Ryan

Abbie's friends from vegas

denise said...

What a precious boy you have...he's just adorable. I'm so sorry he is sick. I know you're so frightened, and I will be praying for little Hank and for the rest of the family. May you be surrounded by a very profound sense of God's peace and love.

Hugs from Denise (Abbie's momma)

Christy from boobymamas said...

Sending baby Henry, you and your family lots of prayers and hugs through this tough time.

Greenie Gardens said...

Dear Katie,

My thoughts are with you, Max and the family. We are pulling for little Henry. Do take care of yourself. Hugs, Stephanie

Abbie said...

Hey Katie girl :)

Just checking in with you guys. Evidently both my mom and I were praying for you at the same time last night!

Please feel free to email me if you need anything, even just an internet hug :)
jaobudd at gmail dot com

Love you guys and continuing to pray.

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

My thoughts are with you during this difficult time! Little Hank will be in my prayers!!

Gina said...

Katie,
Little Hank is so precious! We will definitely keep you all in our prayers!!

April said...

I am so sorry to hear the your new baby boy is sick. My prayers with be with you and little Hank. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Love, April

uncle john said...

Dear Max & Katie, Our thoughts and prayers are with you and little Hank. Love, Uncle John & Aunt Cheryl