Monkey is Back

I guess I counted my chickens before they hatched or thought I got rid of the monkey (oxygen tank) on my back. In the office Hank's doctor was pleased with his oxygen saturation and said he could take off the oxygen. But she also ordered an overnight oxygen study where he was continuously monitored to see how he did when asleep. She called on Friday to tell us that Hank had failed the test and his oxygen was great most of the time but he would slip down past the upper 80s too often to be completely off. She recommended he be on it overnight and anytime we weren't holding or watching him.
We are thankful that the monkey is our biggest worry after his rough beginning. We are trying to patient as Hank's little lungs heal and will let you know how his next oxygen study goes this week.

No comments: