When Do I Grow Eyes in the Back of My Head?

Kaitlin has entered the ornery twos. She hasn't reached all out terrible yet but she is into everything! If I am not watching her for a second, she is into something. Her favorite thing to do is to get some brightly colored, greasy medium and spread it all over herself and her surroundings. She has gotten the pink baby lotion, the blue body lotion, the sunscreen, the watermelon green toothpaste, the blue toothpaste, the Desitin (diaper rash ointment), and of course too many colored markers to count. She thought her closet doors and her bed needed a little more color, so she used fuchsia marker to brighten it up.
I am left wondering when that special moment in a mom's life will happen where I grow another set of eyes in the back of my head. I mean, how many kids do you have to have before it happens? Haven't I reached the quota? Is it something I have to apply for? Do I need to clear it with my insurance first? Or do a certain number of disasters have to happen before my fairy godmother comes and gives them to me? I just hope someone shows up with the eyes before Hank turns two! :0)
The windows and the curtains got a moisturizing rub with this one.
The bathroom walls and door got a refreshing toothpaste scrub on this day.
She started her interior decorating career this morning.

4 comments:

Monday through Sunday said...

oh..how I wish I had an extra set of hands and maybe a whole second me!!

Anonymous said...

What a little cutie! I know, not so cute when it's YOU scrubbing those walls...
Who does she look like? She's such a mix of the other girls. Looks like an onry twinkle in those eyes!

Court

Anonymous said...

I think you have met the quota of having enough kids to have an extra set of eyes. SHHHHH..The secret is.... They are your older children. I know this because i was my moms extra set of eyes. She has a total of nine kids, I know she couldn't have done it all with out the help of the older kids. We all had baby buddies that we were to take care of. I know its not perfect but it works, so get those older kids involved, you need a break. I have three of my own now and i couldn't do it without my five year old, she is the 2year old whisperer, maybe i can lend her to you sometime...

Lacey said...

Laughing my bum off over here. That is hilarious. Ellie nad her would be a great pair!!! Or maybe a scary pair! She is too cute. I love her little "what? I didn't do anything wrong" look in all the pictures. Too cute.