Cat Fight

I didn't think I would have to worry about the girls getting into cat fights until closer to their teen years. I think each child humbles me further and further. Up until this point I haven't had a kid that hits or bites and I thought it was because of effective parenting. :)
Well, little Miss sweet Kaitlin has a dark side. She is a scratcher and she always goes for the face. I think I need the Super Nanny. I have tried everything: time-outs, a swat on the hand, yelling, taking her toys away, talking to her, showing her she makes Karlie bleed, and still she scratches. Poor Karlie looks like she has been in a all out brawl. Karlie can be antagonizing, but she has never hit back or retaliated. What to do? Any advice is appreciated.

5 comments:

Monday through Sunday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monday through Sunday said...

When you figure it out..let me know! I have two that seem to have the same relationship. The only thing I have found is be consistent with disciplining when they do do it. It is exhausting..I know...but it does seem to be slowing down drastically!! Hope things improve soon..no fun!

Steph said...

Miss Katie! I was hoping to click on the "comments" and find some magical answer. Logan is the scratching-est little boy I've ever seen. And I'm talking face stratching...not the "boy" scratching! :) I'll stay tuned for the ANSWER!!! C'mon...somebody help us out!

Courtney said...

Wish I knew too! Cate seems to be scratcher already. I'm trying to consistently remind her that it hurts and that it's not nice. She seems to get the message with daddy more than with mommy!

June Cleaver said...

cut her nails short and wait it out. She'll eventually stop.