Karlie's First Day of Preschool

Today was Karlie's first day of preschool. She will go on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays from 8-12. She was so excited this morning she could hardly contain herself. She kept asking if it was time to go yet. When we were walking to the school I put my hand our to hold hers and she told me she didn't need to hold my hand. Ok, I will just go pick up the pieces of my heart in the parking lot. When did she grow up so fast? I thought I had until close to middle school before it was uncool to be seen with your mom. Sheesh!
She did get a little nervous once we got into the classroom and started playing with her skirt but her best friend showed up and she was ready to go. I had to ask for a hug and a kiss goodbye. Karlie is one social butterfly who is ready to fly. Luckily Kaitlin and Hank served as a distraction so I didn't have time to get caught up in the moment and really embarrass her with my tears.
She had a great day at school and on the way home she told me all about circle time, story time, doing puzzles, writing her name in her journal, snack time, recess, and best of all they get to go to the library on Wednesday! She said she can't wait to go back tomorrow and I told her she doesn't go back until Wednesday and she replied, "I don't know about that, Mom." One day at school and the kid already thinks she knows more than me! :)

7 comments:

Abbie said...

Ahhhh! Liv starts preschool Sept. 9th, and it's giving me hives.
I'm SO excited for her though. A little sad for me, but VERY excited for her.

Way to go Karlie! What a big girl!

Courtney said...

She looks so grown up! Sounds like she was really ready for it (as hard as it must be for you!).

Monday through Sunday said...

A big milestone! so sweet!

Devin said...

She is TOOOOOO cute! Again, love the red shoes; I'm thinking I need a pair too.

Oh, and I tried your strawberry pie recipe and we loved it so much that I posted about it. DELICIOUS!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gma said...

These pics of Karlie are just too cute. Great shots of a one very wonderful little girl!!

Steph said...

Love, love, love the red shoes! A girl after my own heart! :)