Nut Free Trick or Treat Trail Mix

It was my turn this week to be the "Brownie Mom" for Hailey's Girl Scout troop which means you have to bring a healthy, nut free snack and help out with the meeting. I don't know that bringing my herd to the meeting was anything but a distraction, but that is a whole other post. But I did manage to come up with this festive trail mix that might make it into the healthy classification.

2 cups Reduced Fat Cheese Nips
2 cups pretzel sticks
2 cups roasted pumpkin seeds
2 cups golden raisins (dried apricots or peaches would work great too)
2 cups regular raisins
1 cup of autumn colored M&Ms
1 cup of candy corn

*Combine and gently toss.
I put 1/2 cup of the mixture into pumpkin zip lock baggies.
Makes 12 servings

I was surprised how much the Girl Scouts liked it, even my littlest ghoul liked it!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Yum!! Sounds yummy and looks yummy too!! May have to try it!

Monday through Sunday said...

sounds really good!

Courtney said...

I want to try it!
Is Kaitlin's hair curly? She's looking so grown up these days!