7 Months Old

This month has brought about some big changes in our little guy. He cut his first two teeth at the beginning of the month. He is normally such an easy going fella that I forgot what a fussy baby was like. That week reminded me of when Kaitlin was a baby. I am so thankful that it was just a week!

Hank is also learning to sleep in his bed all night. This is as hard on me as it is for him but I was getting so tired that it was hard to function. He was nursing hourly, so we let him cry it out for the first time last night. He cried on and off for an hour and then slept the rest of the night. I am hoping tonight goes a little easier as I was in an all out sweat and couldn't sleep for an hour after he fell asleep. I was just waiting for him to cry again and was having all these lunatic thoughts like about how he is my last baby and do I really want to not have him sleep with me ever, EVER again? Max had to talk me down more than once. I am sure when I get that first night of uninterrupted sleep I will be glad I did it, but today I am second guessing myself. I mean this is the last chance I have to cuddle with a baby all night long, smell his freshly bathed hair, and drift off to sleep with him cooing in delight. I am so torn (if you can't tell) but the black circles under my eyes and my irritable disposition are winning.

He is still not fully sitting up unsupported but is very close. This month Hank has started rolling his wrist and extending his arms out when he gets excited or upset. He now loves to pull Max's arm hair out and put his hand in my mouth or claw my neck as he nurses.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Hello Katie, this is Liz Max's cousin. I had several questions for you about babies and baby stuff in general. Would you please email me at starinights78@hotmail.com so that I would have a way contact you. I would really appreciate it.
Liz

Courtney said...

Awww, Mama, you will all sleep better tonight I am sure! I remember just lying awake waiting for her to wake up too. I never slept with Cate at night, but my snuggle time was the morning feeding. Maybe that can substitute (that is if you aren't tending to the others!) for the night. He is getting cuter by the day! I can't believe I haven't met him yet. :(

Lacey said...

I need to learn from you and let Hads CIO. The girl is still waking up at night and she is 9 months!! He is so cute. And I love how content he is in that swing...Hadley was NEVER content in confind areas. He is a sweetheart!!

Devin said...

That is so hard. My little one 18 months old and I have the hardest time not nursing her all night long, which explains MY dark circles. ugh.