8 Months Old

At 8 months old Hank has two teeth and is working on 2 more. Even through teething he is a generally jolly fellow. He has started to become bashful and will smile at everyone and then bury his face into my neck. He has earned another nickname, Mr. Grabbykins, as he likes to pull on long hair, earrings, necklaces and anything within his little radius. He has finally figured out how to open his mouth when eating and is eating almost 2 jars of baby food per meal! He can sit up for long periods but still falls over if he gets too excited or loses his concentration. I have heard that boys develop slower but this is ridiculous. His peers are crawling!Hank has yet to roll over from his back to his front (spoiled). All he does is fuss and one of his ladies come running to tend to him. This boy has no chance of growing up unspoiled. He is showered with love from his adoring sisters. His mom isn't much better. I have tried to let him cry it out for weeks now, but ultimately surrender to his pitiful whimpers. His cries are so sweet and sad I can't not go and swoop him up. The minute I pick him up he stops crying. All he want is his mama. How do I say no to that? Hopefully by kindergarten he will be sleeping all night in his own bed. Hank is packing on the pounds and now weighs 20 pounds. He is wearing 12 month old clothes. I have started to get joint pain in my hip and shoulder from lugging my Marshmallow Man (the official winner) around.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

He is ridiculously cute! I'm so glad I got to see him last week. The pictures are so sweet.

Abbie said...

I cannot believe he is 8 months old already!!! I just love him and all his glorious little rolls! hahah :)

melanie said...

lol...I totally see why everyone obeys his every beck and call! I would! He is adorable!! LOL

Courtney said...

I love the new blog look!

Steph said...

He is just so stinkin' cute Katie! Logan is definitely slower than Ciara was too. Yes, *slightly* spoiled as the only boy (and last child/grandchild) in our family. What to do?! :)