I Heart My Scale

Not something you hear everyday, but I love my scale. He is better at lifting my self confidence than just about anything. A woman must have designed him, I am sure of it. He periodically just drops a half a pound here or there. He seems to be in tune with when I am feeling fat because he always seems to lower that number just when I need it most. It is like finding a pair of jeans that fit and say a size or two smaller than you really are. SOLD! It doesn't matter if they are puke green or bright orange. If those babies can get zipped and they say size 6, they just found themselves a new home!

It is amazing really. The kids weigh the same as they do at the doctor's office on my scale and both Max and I weight what we did in high school! Isn't that great?!?!?! As long as I don't look in the mirror, try to put on any of my pre-pregnancy pants, or weigh myself at my mom's house, I am dang skinny! Man, I love that scale. If the kids' weight is accurate, mine must be. I mean, it's not like it could just get off caliber at 100 pounds. Right? It is a digital scale, so I know its not human error. It must be right! I can't understand why it was on clearance at Target. This scale should be worth 100 times what I paid for it. Max should take some notes. He should just come home and say, "You look like a hundred and twenty five pounds today!" Although I wouldn't believe him the way I believe my scale. I would think he had ulterior motives, where I know my scale is just being honest with me.

5 comments:

Blog a Blurb said...

Hmmmmm. I wonder where those pounds went. . . . let's see. Where could they be hiding? Yikes! They aren't hiding at all! Check out that baby! Way to go! Both of you!

Courtney said...

Oh, can I borrow your scale? I'm sure it would withstand the jiggling of shipping it to MT! I may even make it friendlier than before! ;)
Of course, I know the truth, it's not a lie. That scale is right on and you just need a new mirror! ;)

Splaneyo said...

I have quite a few pairs of "beauties" hanging in my closet as well. My problem is that no matter what I weigh I will never be the same shape. Something about pregnancy has After having 4 babies, even my feet are bigger.

june cleaver said...

whatever you do... do not change the batteries.

It will be a dark dark day.

Krista Motsinger said...

I came across your blog off of Abbie's! That is soooo great you way so little;) I still have 10 pounds to go until I lose my last baby weight from my precious little peyton born in August!! 2nd time around has been so rough for me:) WAY TO GO!!!