Snot Very Fun

Well, we didn't drop off the face of the earth. Hank had his first serious respiratory illness. I was a Nervous Nelly waiting to see how he would fare. He had bronchiolitis, which is a viral infection often caused by RSV. It causes babies and small children to cough and wheez due to the swelling in their airways. This is the one parents of babies worry about next to the flu. For five nights I had to sit up with Hank sleeping on my chest so he could breath. I think the virus tries to drowned them in their own secretions. It has snot been very fun around here with a sick little guy and an exhausted mama. But we are on the mend and now all the goo that was in his lungs has to come out over the next week. Good times! This bug gives new meaning to the term snot nosed kid!

6 comments:

melanie said...

I am glad that he is feeling better. NO FUN!! :) Makes you so thankful when all the kids are healthy!

MandM said...

Sounds eerily familiar. We've had many nights sitting up with Brandon so he could breath. You can even see Hank's snot is green in the photo...ICK! I'm glad he is feeling better, though! Poor little guy :( Mel

Anonymous said...

Think God my little guy is starting to feel better. I wish I could give both of you a big kiss. Love and God Bless all of you. Dad

Lacey said...

he looks happy though. :) Hope is getting better!!

Courtney said...

I love the look on Hailey's face! And he looks like he doesn't mind the snot a bit!

Blog a Blurb said...

I think I may share Hailey's feeling there judging by that bit of expression you captured. . . . There are defintely some things about small people I don't miss at all!