Time To Home School

Yesterday after school about 15 minutes after we got home the phone rang. It was Hailey's buddy John. What? A boy calling for my daughter? They talked for a while and set-up a play date. Little Johnny will be coming to our house today. Then about an hour later her girlfriend Jessie called. They talked for nearly and hour! What do two 7 year olds talk about for an hour? According to Hailey it was mostly about horses and the slumber party they planned for next week. Jessie will also be coming over, but for a sleepover. Then as I was brushing her hair, she looked in the mirror and grabbed under her chin and said, "I need to get rid of this!" I said, "What? Your neck?" She replied, "No, the fat!" Mama just about had a mini heart attack. What!?! My little girl thinking she is fat? At 7? What is going on? A boy, a slumber party, and thinking she is fat? Is this high school? Clearly it is time to home school. I know I can't shield her forever, but I am just not ready for this.

10 comments:

melanie said...

I have an eight year old and know what you are thinking! :)

Liz said...

Hi Katie, and to think I will have two of them of the same age!?!
Quick questions....can I get Sam and Heathers blog address from you.
Liz

Lacey said...

How did the play DATE go? Oh, I am sooo not ready for my girls to grow up... Wahhh...why can't they just stay little?? She does look absolutely adorable talking on the phone though. She is a beautiful girl!

Splaneyo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Splaneyo said...

There were just too many misspelling in that...anyway...
As you know, we are going though the same thing. I am shocked at what I hear in Owen's Kindergarten class. One little boy was playing in the class kitchen ans called out to a female classmate, "Woman, get me a beer - make it a Bud light". !!!! Needless to say there will be no play dates scheduled with that guy! Hope you all are feeling better.
Heather

Splaneyo said...

Okay I give up - that one had misspelling in it too. Sorry.

Courtney said...

Yes, I am fearing those years with a daughter! Maybe we could keep them in our compounds until they are 25?

Blog a Blurb said...

Oh my goodness! So Hailey can have her little boy friend over and they can act out Owen's little scenario -- "Woman, get me a beer and make it a Bud light." Yikes! They do learn so much at school. . . . . . .

Anonymous said...

Superb, what a weblog it is! This website gives helpful facts to us, keep it up.
My website: hcg is safe and effective for men

Anonymous said...

I have been surfing online more than 4 hours today,
yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
It's pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.
Feel free to surf my homepage - simply click the up coming web site