10 Months Old

Hank has grown up so much this month. He now has 5 teeth. His two upper teeth have a big gap between them giving him a bit of a hillbilly smile. He is still a very happy guy. He giggles easily, gives loves to anyone who will hold him and lights up the room with his sweet smile. He is also getting very big. He is in 18 month clothes!He finally decided that eating Cheerios, puffs, and wagon wheels is a good thing. Trouble is now he only wants to feed himself. That was a fast transition as he was only nursing and eating stage two baby food a week ago. Anything with more texture made him gag.

This month Hank also learned to crawl! My life is over. I can't turn around for a second without him finding the most dangerous item on the floor, rather it be a doll shoe, a plastic scrap, an electric cord, a pencil, or a little figurine. He makes a B-line for the potential choking hazard, has it in hand and it is on its way to his mouth before I can even blink. Why the nice, safe baby toys don't appeal to him is a mystery to me. If there is rattle or a doll shoe near him he doesn't even notice the rattle.

Babies, always trying to kill themselves! If they are not choking while learning to eat or finding little choking hazards on the floor, they are falling over with their their big heads in the lead trying to knock themselves out. He has taken a few tumbles already when pulling up. Hank also attempts to electrocute himself by trying to jam his fingers into the light socket! He is going to have those outlet plugs figured out before he turns one.

He has slept through the night a handful of times and is finally on a schedule. It has only taken 10 months! He wakes up at 5:30 a.m., naps at 7:30 and 12 for and hour and a half and then takes a cat nap around 4:30. Bedtime is at 7:30. Hank's favorite things are his sisters, balls, snuggling with mommy, and bath time. He says dada nonspecific, baba, and today tried to wave. Although when he gets excited he does this hand twist and wave, so he may have just been excited. We are loving having a little man in the house. :)

6 comments:

Lacey said...

He is so stinkin' cute and is growing up way to fast. I love the videos of him. I love seeing the girls interact with him and I love the laundry baskets in the background...looks like my house...I can't even imagine laundry with four kids. Anyway, happy 10 months you cutie patootie!!

Splaneyo said...

He is too cute! That laugh...It sure put a smile on my face. I'm going to show the videos so he can see how it is done. =)

Courtney said...

He's such a happy little guy! I think he looks so much like Kaitlin. What do you think? He'll be walking before you know it. :)
BTW, Karlie looks SOOO grown up all of a sudden! I thought it was Hailey at first.

Anonymous said...

Seeing Hank with his four teeth sure does remind me of a very cute little girl about 30 years ago. When Katie Lucylie was born with 4 teeth. Love ya sweetheart Dad

Jessica said...

Wow, that is all so familiar. Aren't little boys grand?! I just want to hold him and cuddle him!

Devin said...

Simply precious. I love the toothy "hillbilly" grin.

Katie, thanks for being such a sweet, sweet friend. I truly appreciate the concern.