He Sleeps!

For the first time in his precious life, Hank slept through the night! He went from 9 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.! I had forgotten what a full night of sleep felt like. My body had too. I rolled over with painful rocks on my chest and in a pool of milk. Lovely. It was around four a.m. and I had to fight that panic feeling. Most parents of babies know the feeling I am talking about. The first time they sleep through the night and you wake-up first, you struggle with your own fears of your baby dying of SIDS. I mean, for nearly 10 months I have been up at least part of every night. Why would he just decide out of the blue to sleep all night? He must be dead, right? I laid there debating if I should go check on him or stay in bed and not risk disturbing him and wrecking my chance for a little more sleep. I was able to talk myself down that he was OK, but then I was sure he would stir any minute and be eager to relieve me of my new found rocks. Instead, I laid there for almost an hour before getting up. Oh well, there will be more nights of sleep.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

I remember that first sleep like it was yesterday. You don't get much with the painful bb's but ahhh what a nice feeling to know the child can do it!! How do some people get babies who sleep all night early on?? I hope this becomes a habit for little man and that you will start realized soon just what you have been missing!

Courtney said...

Been there for sure! It's so uncomfortable! Hope this is a sticking trend for little Hank! I love his two bottom teeth, so cute!

Splaneyo said...

Another joy of motherhood - not being able to sleep when you actually have the opportunity and the exploding breasts. Such a relief to find them alive and well and hungry!

MandM said...

How has he been doing since? Is he still sleeping through the night?