11 Months

Babies grow up so fast. This time last year Hank was still growing inside my belly, now he is almost walking. He is so proud of his recent accomplishments. He pulls up to stand on any and everything. He has stood for a second or two alone and has just started transferring. He has taken plenty of tumbles as seen by the green bruise on his forehead. Hank still crawls as his primary mode of transportation but he is so eager to walk. I suspect by his first birthday he will be a walker. He had better. All his sisters were walking by one! Hank also learned to clap and wave this month. When he gets excited he starts hollering and clapping.He is finally sleeping better. He had Strep throat and an ear infection. All the congestion has made it hard for him to breath. He only gets up once or twice a night now. He is still powering down the baby food but recently finally gave in and learned if he was going to survive in this house he had better start eating beans. He is also fond of doughnuts (thanks to daddy) and yogurt. But his most important accomplishment is that he started to say "mama", especially when he is tired or wants to nurse. :)
We discovered Hank is allergic to strawberries and possibly certain types of dogs. The girls have no allergies yet, so this is new territory for Max and me. Packing benadryl along with all the other baby items and being vigilant about allergic responses has made me sympathetic to those with life threatening allergies. I never understood how all encompassing it is. I had grabbed a yogurt melt in berry flavor and didn't look closely. They have a strawberry one and this one had big pictures of blueberries on it and I gave him some. In a matter of minutes his face became red and started to swell. I couldn't believe how careless I had been. I tell ya, Mr. Hank is trying to turn me completely grey by 35!
Hank has been such a delight to have in our house. His goofy grin is infectious and he give the best bear hugs.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

He is so cute and is getting so big. 11 months??? Where has the time gone? that is scary about the allergies. Is anyone else in your extended family allergic?

Blog a Blurb said...

Cute Cute Cute! And I was lucky enough to be there for those first claps, right! Way to go Hank!

Courtney said...

He's changed so much since I saw him! He wasn't even sitting up! LOL! I know how much you must love those sweet Mama words. Strawberries? Is he allergic to any other citrus fruit? That must be scary!

Abbie said...

What? Wait...WHAT?! He's 11 months already?? Katie, he is DARLING!!