Victoria's Secret Here I Come

After yesterday's Downer Debbie post, I thought a little Friday Fun was in order. One look at me in this sexy number and it is no wonder we have four kids in seven years. I can tell you the front of this nursing bra is just as remarkable. Pop in two nursing pads and I am practically a Victoria's Secret model. Just imagine the wholes and runs as lace and the the rumpled up front as boobs instead of plastic and paper. While you are at it, imagine I am 2 inches taller and 10 pounds skinnier.

This bra has seen me through the best and worst of times. She has held me up through encouragement, through those horrible first weeks of nursing when I thought I might die, through babies sleeping through the night, and through ALL four of the years I nursed my babies. It is going to be hard to let her go. I am sure Max will have no problem putting her in the trash but we have a bond he couldn't understand.

When she started to deteriorate after Karlie, I thought to myself, 'Oh, I will get some new bras with the next baby.' But Kaitlin was such a hard baby I considered being done and didn't want to invest in another nursing bra. In my younger (pre-baby) days I would have thought nothing of dropping $30 on a new bra, but that is like 2 weeks worth of diapers! So I held onto her and pulled her out for go around #4. She has been hollding on for dear life. She has been a good, faithful servant. Now that my nursing days are coming to a close, it is time for her to be released of her duty and put out to pasture.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

You crack me up. That bra HAS seen it's better days. LOL. I just quit nursing hads last week and have yet to get out a "real" bra. Still wearing my good ol' nursing ones. Think I need victoria to the rescue...as do you my friend. :) :)

melanie said...

LOL..that is great! Thanks for the chuckle! :)

Courtney said...

where did the front shot go? LOL! Oh, do I hate those nursing bras! Not the most glamourous. I've always thought VS would make a killing if they carried nursing bras. Go splurge girl! Mother's Day is around the corner, you deserve it!