Please Pray For the Shaws

A friend of mine and her daughter were recently killed in a car crash. She had two of her other children in the car that were injured but are ok. Robyn was a nurse and her husband David is a doctor. We shared a passion for children and breast feeding. Her death as deeply saddened me. The similarities in our lives makes it all too easy for me to imagine what it must be like for her family in this time. The thought of her almost 2 year old son and 5 year old daughter growing up without a mother makes my heart break. Her teenage son will have to navigate so many turbulant times without the steady love of his mom. And for her husband, I can hardly imagine what agony he must be experiencing to lose not only his wife but his precious 9 year old daughter too. On an ordinary day on their way to school a family was tragically torn apart. Robyn's brother passed away just three months ago, so her parents are in need of extra prayers. Please pray for her family. In times of grief this magnitude the only thing that could bring comfort is God's love.

You can read about Robyn and Tori's funeral here. The picture gallery is heart wrenching.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh-I am sick. She was the most dedicated wife and Mommy, giving everything to her family. Just the other day I was thinking about her and wishing we'd hear from her on the MMM blog. I'll be praying for her family.

Lacey said...

I still can't believe this happend. It was all I could think of last night...all night. I keep going through all her stories in my head...my heart aches for her husband and kids who will grow up without their mommy. Makes you hug your kids a little tighter and be thankful for the days we do have.