Today's Treasure ~ 409 Granite Cleaner

BIG changes occurred moving to "The Resort." The first of course being how much space we have. We went from about 1500 sq ft of living space to 4,700 sq ft! Along with all the extra space is extra cleaning. And new ways of cleaning. I am learning how difficult it is to keep stainless steel looking nice with four little people that like to see how many finger prints they can make in 24 hours.

Another learning curve was granite counters. They are the most beautiful but require a bit of elbow grease to stay that way. I searched the net and found a homemade solution with alcohol and soap. It was better than 409 or other all purpose cleaners that left streaks, but didn't do the job and left a medical smell. I discovered my favorite 409 has come out with a granite cleaner! You can go here and print a coupon for $1 off. Since it is new, I had a hard time finding it. Neither Target or Walmart had it but Lowes did. It has become my new best friend along with the stainless cleaner and the fancy little squeegee for the glass shower. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!

3 comments:

melanie said...

Love it!! :)

Courtney said...

OK, for the stainless steel apps...use Williams-Sonoma Stainless Steel Cleaner. Has a great scent and if you use a microfiber cloth it really does the trick. NOT that it keeps the kids hands off the refrigerator! Let me know if you have a trick for THAT! :)

Splaneyo said...

I'll have to get some of that. I should buy a case though.

I use a microfiber cloth on the stainless too - it really helps. I use it with Cerama Bryte Stainless Steel Cleaning Polish and Conditioner. It is $5 a bottle at ACE. So far so good.