Girls Getaway

This last weekend I was fortunate enough to have a girls getaway with some "old friends." :) Courtney flew in from Montana, Lacey from Texas, and Jessica from Kentucky. We stayed at the Omni resort and acted like a bunch of teenage girls on a sleepover. We gabbed until the wee hours of the morning. We spent time catching up and talking about our kids and our sweet husbands that took on the kids for the entire weekend. We were able to do nearly every girly thing a mom would want to do.


On Friday we shopped leisurely and enjoyed getting to sit and eat as long as we wanted instead of rushing. We had great conversations and we learned even more about each other. We spent Saturday at the spa and got to be pampered with a massage and lounge by the pool and hot tub. Then we headed downtown for dinner and Girls Only comedy. After playing some pool at the hotel, we continued to laugh and talk until late in the night. I fell asleep laughing. It was a really fun day. My only regret is that it went by so fast.

Sunday everyone departed back to reality. It was amazing how good friends can pick up right where they left off. These girls have seen me through good and bad times, have had open hearts and and an ear to listen when ever I needed. They are amazing moms and wives and are the ones I know I can truly call a friend. I can't wait until our next trip when I can see them again! Love you girls and thank you for coming.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Awww...so sweet. It was a blast! I am so glad we all made it work and we were able to get together. Thanks for hosting your city- it was fun!! And I couldn't agree more about everything you wrote- I am so thankful for you and the girls friendship!!

Jessica said...

I couldn't agree more. I enjoyed our trip SO MUCH!! I am so thankful that we made it happen and for the good times we shared. I can't wait to do it again!

Gigi said...

I understand, do I ever, my childhood friend just celebrated bday 93, the other was 91 in July, go for it. Gigi

Courtney said...

I agree too!!! So much fun, so little time! But I think we made the most of the time we did have. Looking forward to our next trip together!