Questions From Karlie


Karlie asked, "Mom, can Hank eat chicken?" "Yes,"I replied. "How come he can eat chicken but not eggs?" Err, that took some explaining but only after I had time to really think about it. :)


There have been many questions concerning Santa. Karlie is critically thinking more about Santa at 5 than Hailey is at 8.

"Mom, does Santa cross the state border?" Karlie asked as we drove to school. "Yes, he flies all around the world," I answered. "Wow, he must get tired of sitting for so long."

"Why doesn't Santa want you to see him?" "What do you mean?" I evaded. Why does he send helper Santas to the mall instead of coming himself and why doesn't he want you to see him? Why do you have to be sleeping?"

I was able to answer the mall one easily, but she stumped me on the later. I am not sure how long we are going to be able to continue the magic with this one!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Rose Johnson said...

I am currently going through the same thing with my twin six year olds(one boy one girl) My son has figured it out, so I am trying to keep him from spilling the beans to his sister. I'm not sure if we will make it to xmas.

john leopold, md said...

Just saw the old movie Miracle on 34th Street which proves there is a Santa Claus. Thought I'd figured otherwise at age 6 but I was wrong.

Gigi said...

It's a losing battle, your uncles Phil and Jack strategized, "we'll ask them f/a canon but not Santa. The canon was under the tree and Santa was old hat. Gigi