2010 Resolutions

It is that time of year again! :0) Before embarking on new resolutions I have to analyze how well I did with the prior year's resolutions. Here were last years :

1. To do an off road triathlon with Max.
I can solidly mark this in the No column. I thought the triathlon we were hoping to do got canceled since it got removed from the events page and I tried contacting the organizers with no luck. Then last week as I was searching for one to do this year, I found it actually did happen. With no goal, no training took place. I am going to shoot for the Tri for the Cure again. My sister says she is in too. Hopefully three times will be the charm!

2. Read 6 books.
This goes in the Yes column! I read the Twilight series and Books 2 and 3 of Harry Potter. I know. I am really broadening my horizons. :0) This year I would like to read at least one adult book that is intellectually challenging. I like to really set my goals high. LOL

3. Floss. Some goals never change. Definitely in the No column. Got to keep striving in 2010. I wish my dentist would just tell me teeth are about to fall out so I could get motivated. I did get a fancy electric toothbrush for Christmas. (Toasters and toothbrushes at our house. Don't be jealous.) Maybe that will help.

4. Become more organized.
While I think this goes in the Yes, I don't think anyone ever reaches the level of organization they imagine. Having a house large enough for all our junk has made this a reality, so I don't really get the credit. I still end up late and running around like a chicken with my head cut off, but at least the house appears organized. Just don't open the drawers.

5. Work on my frumpiness factor. I am hoping as Hank gets older he will stop barfing all over everyone all the time and that you will actually smell my perfume instead.
Hank did stop barfing on me and I was able to do a little much needed shopping. I still have a long way to go, but I think the progress was significant enough to get into the the Yes column.

6. Save for our dream home.
Mission accomplished. While not in the manner I had imagined, we were able to take advantage of the historically low interest rates and the hurting housing market to purchase our dream home. We are still working on getting the mortgage to the amount we had hoped it would be. So I think this gets a Yes too!

7. Continue to seek God's word.
This will be a continuous goal. I did the ladies Bible study until the summer break and then for the fall semester the time didn't work with when Karlie got out of school. We did start a family Bible study night once a week with 52 Fun Family Devotions. It is a perfect book for a family with young kids. The girls really look forward to our Bible study. I could do much better but think this will put this in the Yes.

For 2010 I resolve to:

1. Do at least one Triathlon.

2. Floss more. Lets start with baby steps and shoot for 8 times a month.

3. Drink at least one glass of water a day. Isn't that gross. I don't have a normal thirst response. I have a cup of coffee in the morning, a glass of juice or diet sprite at lunch and a beer or wine with dinner. Bad Katie. I wish I was hard on myself as I am on my kids. Do as I say, not as I do! More water, less beer in 2010. ;0)

4. Read some more challenging literature, dare I say non-fiction.

5. Carve out a little personal time. I have no problem trying to improve the kids by running them to piano, karate, horse lessons, brownies, swimming, gymnastics, choir, and dance. But never make an effort to better myself. Rather it be working out or taking an on-line class, this year I would like to do one thing to better myself either physically or mentally.

6. We have two relatively small (anything would seem small next to Max's school loans) private loans for medical and nursing school that I want to pay off this year rather than the current payoff scheduled for 2012.

7. Continue with our family Bible study and if school schedules work out, start back up with the ladies Bible study at our church.

8. Take a vacation where Max can't work. No iphone or pager. I don't want to share him for at least 3 days!

9. Take a family vacation. Ugh, I see road trip.

10. And for the worst of them all.... Catch up the baby books. Why me?!?! I must be a gluten for punishment.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Love the resolutions! The perfect road trip-Yellowstone Nat. Park! We'd love to have you in MT!