Happy 2nd Birthday Hank!

Happy Birthday Hank!
This was such a worrisome time two years ago. Today my only worries were how much of a mess you could make in one day.
As I look back at the events that transpired, I see how many times God blessed your life. If you were not breech, I wouldn't have been in the hospital to try to turn you and we would have never known I had no amniotic fluid left. You were so sick, it is a miracle you were not still born. I hate to think what one more day would have meant.

If I hadn't worked in a high risk Labor and Delivery unit in the best hospital in Denver, I wouldn't have had some of the best doctors in Colorado taking care of you. There would not be a team of nurses and doctors that cared so deeply for you. We were given the very best they had.

I also would not have been able to stay with you for your entire stay. They allowed me to stay in empty rooms so that I could be there for every feed and be at your side as much as possible. I may not have had the ability to nurse you without the expertise of the Lactation nurses in the NICU. The same nurse that guided me through problems with Hailey made it possible for a baby with oral trauma from the ventilator to nurse like a pro. Since the day you were born the angels have been watching over you.

It is as if little bits of heaven shines in you. You are a beautiful child who holds his mom's heart in the palm of his little hand. I thank God for giving you to us and for the angels that are watching over you. Now if they can just let me know when you are up to no good!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

What a little blessing he is! How can he possibly be TWO already?? That ornery grin looks just like his Mama's. ;) I hope he had a great day!

Blog a Blurb said...

Happy Birthday little buddy!!! You are the little man!

Lacey said...

Happy Birthday Hank! I can not believe you are TWO already! How did that happen? I feel like you were just born yesterday and you had a slew of people praying for you. You are such a sweet, spunky little boy and I love watching you grow up!!