Mother's Day Bookmark Gift

I had to wait until my mom was safely up in the mountains and computer free before I could post this Mother's Day gift idea. After her kids, my mom loves nothing more than a good book. I saw this cute idea and thought it would be perfect for my mom. I am pairing it with a gift card to Barnes and Nobel. I would like to pick out a book for her, but she has read so many, I am not sure what she really would like to read next. I also made a few for some other moms as an inexpensive way to give a little gift.

You can see how to say mother in different languages here. I wanted mine to all start with M but you could pick languages that meant something to you, like where your family had descended from. Center your words for mom on the page and at the bottom put the quote, "To a child's ear, "mother" is magic in any language." ~ Arlene Benedict
I also thought "As is the mother, so is her daughter." ~ Ezekiel 16:4 would be a neat quote to use on the back.

Print it on card stock and cut it out at the 3 inch and 5 1/4inch marks. This craft would be great if I could cut. I don't know how I passed elementary school with my scissor skills. I can not cut a straight line to save my life. So they didn't all turn out perfect. Some continued to get skinnier as I repeatedly attempted to straighten my cut. Arg!!! Maybe I will get a paper cutter for Mother's Day!

Anyway then using photo shop I placed pictures of my Mom's kids in a row with the same dimensions. Print the pictures on photo paper and glue the two together. I took the bookmarks to Staples and had them laminated. You can fit four on a page, which cost $1. So you can give a little something to all the moms in your life for about 25 cents a piece. Punch a whole through the top and tie a little ribbon on it. I am thinking this would be great for grandmas too with a quote like, "It's such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother - that's why the world calls her grandmother."