Teacher Appreciation Gifts

"What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to the soul" - Joseph Addison


This week is Teacher Appreciation week so the girls and I wanted to do a little something for their teachers each day of the week. Kaitlin only goes to school two days and the big girls have a three day week this week which made it easier than if they had a full week.
Karlie and Hailey picked out some Pansies and some gardening gloves. We attached a little note saying, Thank you for helping me grow!

Since Kaitlin has 5 teachers, I need something a little more economical. We put scratch lotto tickets on a little note saying, I was LUCKY to have you for a teacher. Hopefully one of the seven will win something!
The final day the teachers will get a travel mug with a note saying, Thanks a LATTE for being a GRANDE teacher! We put a 5 dollar Starbucks card in it along with a letter telling them how much we appreciate the impact they had on our girls.

We were blessed this year and both Hailey and Karlie ended up with the only two teachers in the school to have won the 9 News Teachers Who Care award. Karlie's Kindergarten teacher is simply amazing. She embodies every quality you would hope for in a Kindergarten teacher. The only problem is that we have no where but down to go from her. Hailey's teacher has been really instrumental in helping Hailey learn in a different style and been able to challenge her in literacy. She formed a book club that Hailey thoroughly enjoys. On Fridays a bunch of girls and her teacher have lunch while they discuss their book of the month. So neat! Teachers don't get nearly enough credit. It is one of the most vital and important jobs in our society. Hopefully this week we were able to convey just how important they are to us.

6 comments:

Lacey said...

CUTE, CUTE Ideas. We have teacher appreciation week this week too!! Maybe I'll copy a few of those. :)

Chrysti said...

That is such a cute idea!!! I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna have to steal your "Latte-Grande" idea! Awesome!

Courtney said...

And I think I'll steal the flower pot idea. Cute!

Blog a Blurb said...

I need to get more moms like you in my teaching world!!!

Heather said...

I am sure they all felt really appreciated after all of your cute gifts. Great ideas.

MandM said...

I'm always in awe at your creativity. How do you come up with some of these ideas? Cute, cute, cute...