25 Years of Love

“Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house.
Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor…
Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.
Be the living expression of God’s kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes,
kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting.”

Mother Theresa

My parents' 25th Anniversary was celebrated by a vow renewal. Really I think they just wanted a reason to have a major party! :0)
Their 9 grandchildren walked down the isle : Titus, Karlie, Max, Mel, Corrin, Hailey, Hank, Kaitlin, RJ, Rayah, and Kerrie.
I am so grateful to have grown up in house that overflowed with love. My parents have been an shinning example of what it means to love one another. As a result their love has spread to all who know them. We have a special family that shares a strong bond of love because of they way they have loved each other and each of us.
I don't think their was a dry eye during their vow renewal. Thank goodness Snork started saying the Pledge of the Allegiance to provide the comical relief. LOL
Listening to Chrysti sing John Denver's For You.
Scott performed the renewal and did a wonderful job.
Yeah for love!

First Dance.
Then it was time to get jiggy.

Aunt Kathleen and my cousin Abbey showing Karlie how its done.
Slow dances are a little different than they were 9 years ago.
One of the best parts of the party was getting to hang out with family and friends from near and afar. Scott, Mom, Snork, Max and Colin.
Alexia, my little sister's best friend since elementary school made it all the way from Connecticut. Love you Lexi.
Dancing with our babies.
The only thing my parents do as well as love is throw a great party!
That Tequila showed up again. I don't know who talked the bartender into letting us do shots, but it sure made for a fun night for all.

It was a magical weekend, in a magical place, filled with love and joy. Congratulations Mom and Snork for 25 years of spreading love and showing us what marriage is suppose to look like.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

So sweet!! I love that they renewed their vows and had a big party. :)

And I bet I know who sweet talked that bartender into shots.... :) Remember I did go sit a bar with you when I came to visit. :)

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site mkhkk.blogspot.com
Is this possible?