Somethings Get Better With Age

I have been a Tim McGraw fan since he first came out with his hit Indian Outlaw (1994). Max and I have seen him in concert many times. Some things just get better with age...
2010
On Saturday night we saw his Southern Voice tour and it was his best show yet. While we missed the songs that he sings with his wife Faith Hill, like our wedding song It's Your Love, he was incredible.
We got our country on.
We had center seats and had a blast at the show. Max even danced with me - getting better with age! :0)
While Tim and Max might get better with age, I can't say the same for myself. My mind thought I could handle going out with the girls on Friday night, going to Tim's concert on Saturday night and then doing a triathlon relay the next morning. With 4 hours of sleep under my belt as I began the swim, I can tell you I am not getting better with age. I thought I was going to drowned for sure. So much for that "you are as young as you think you are" nonsense. Next time I will remember my body's age when I attempt to have a weekend that I could have pulled off 10 years ago- even if my mind tells me I can do it, my body just can't. I was pretty much in the fetal position all Sunday afternoon. But I would do it again to dance with Max while Tim sang live!

3 comments:

Blog a Blurb said...

Good times!

Lacey said...

What a romantic Max is. Dancing with you at the concert. And you are a rockstar with your big weekend!!

Courtney said...

Look how cute you two are! Little love birds...;)