When It's Okay to Misinterpret the Truth

I was driving the girls back from the dentist and we had the country station on. We had all just finished singing at the top of our lungs to a Taylor Swift song. Hey, its one of the perks of having three girls! Then this song, "Gettin' You Home" by Chris Young game on. I had turned the volume down but not too far. I was not really thinking about the music but just lost in my own stream of thoughts and happy that for once Star Wars wasn't playing on the DVD. After a while Hailey asked me what this song was about. I paused and listened and then began to blush. I stammered.... "Ahh, well," I gulped. "It is about how girls always want to go out on a date and get all dressed up for a fancy night out and boys just want to come home from work and change into their comfortable clothes and sit on the couch and watch TV and order pizza."


While trying my best to misinterpret the truth, I quickly turned on the DVD player and prayed my little white lie would work. Urr, no. She wanted to discuss that a bit more. Rats! She replied, "Daddy likes to take you out on special occasions and why is her black dress hitting the floor?" I thought quickly and said, "Well, not all guys are like your daddy and the man in the song is trying to say that she is beautiful the way she is. She doesn't need to put her black dress on." My shirt was wet with perspiration and I rolled the window down even though it was only 40 degrees out. Luckily the DVD distraction had started to work and she was satisfied with that answer - for now. What am I suppose to say with a car full of other little ears? Oh, honey, he is just singing about how he can't wait to get her his girl home so he can @#$&*%! Man this parenting stuff is rough. I thought country was a "safe" station to listen to. I guess its KLOVE or bust. LOL

If you want to decide for yourself on my interpretation of the song, give it a listen - just make sure no little ears are with you. :0)