We Are Having Another Baby!

I just love babies.  It's been nearly 4 years since I have had one and I still ache for one.  If I could have a 6 month old baby on my hip for the rest of my life, I would be a happy lady.  Recently at the park I saw a man holding his daughter that looked about 5 months old.  I started to get up to go ask him if I could hold her.  I quickly assessed the situation and decided if I was in his shoes there is no way I would let some random woman hold my precious little baby.  So there I restrained myself from begging to hold the baby for the rest of the time at the park.  Part of me empathizes with Michelle Duggar.  If I wasn't balanced by Max, I too might have babies until by uterus falls out. :)  But a deal was a deal and I promised I wouldn't have anymore if we could just have version 4.0.

However, moving to the desert has been hard.  I miss my family desperately.  Max loves me dearly and would do anything to see me smile, even offer to have another baby if that would do the trick.  While we (especially me) toyed with the idea, it would involve surgery and likely IVF.  That is not a road we want to go down.  And let's face it, I am not very good a growing babies.  Two of my pregnancies were high risk and required bed rest and Hank nearly died.  It would also be really risky for me to get pregnant after 3 cesareans.  So the other option is adoption.  We thought about it for along time and decided we are at the right place in our life to adopt!  With Hank on his way to four we are as rested as you can be with four kids and our tanks our full and ready to give it all we have!  While I am not looking forward to the sleepless nights, I can't wait to meet her.

We leave today to meet the biological parents and finalize the paperwork.  We will have a new little Christmas blessing this year!  They have been sending us videos and she has the most beautiful blue eyes.  She is only 7 weeks old!  I can't wait to hold her and see what her personality is like.  The kids are beyond excited.  I have been nesting and getting ready for her.  Her bed is all set in our room, her stocking is hung and we are so thrilled to be adding to our family.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

So what kind of baby are you getting??? What a great Christmas! I can't wait to see her!!!

Courtney said...

OOHH! Love the suspense. Great post! Can't wait to see the newest Smith. ;)

MandM said...

Omg!! Congratulations! What an awesome gift for both you and her!!