Katie's Birthday Weekend

 The heat was on for the weekend.  Saturday tied a 23 year old record of 102 and Sunday was a record hot day for April 22nd.  It shattered the prior 63 year old record as it reached 105!!  There was nothing to do but officially open the pool!
 The kids got out the face paint at "tattooed" themselves.  I decided I was finally old enough to get one too. :)
Max managed to celebrate my birthday over the whole weekend.  On Saturday morning he brought me coffee in bed and then made eggs Benedict and hash browns.  Then he and the kids did 11 loads of laundry and cleaned the house for me.  You know you are getting old when you want nothing more than to have the house clean and all the laundry done.
The afternoon was busy with volleyball games so we stopped for Asian take-out.  Another gift was to not plan, cook or clean up a single meal!  Priceless. :)
Sunday dinner was my favorite lime-cilantro pork tacos and margaritas!
 Everyone loved the day in the pool, even Siri.
A true desert princess.
 The kids spent hours in the water and looked like geriatric raisins when they got out.  LOL
 Unfortunately, Kaitlin got her first bee sting.  It stung her on her head for no apparent reason.  A little of my blackberry pie Max made took the sting out of it though.
 A little snuggle with my Shuggie helped too.
 It was a fun weekend of relaxing and enjoying my favorite things and spending lots of good times with my loves.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Awww, what a great weekend! And 11 loads?! It must have taken him all day!
Happy Birthday SMOKIN' HOT lady!!! I'd take 35 if I could look like that too! :)