Goodbye GPL

It is with a heavy heart we say goodbye to Grandpa Larry. 
 Today he dances in heaven released of a body that gave up long before he did.   I was reading through his autobiography that he wrote and my heart was warmed.  Larry was always kind to me and had a gentle spirit.  Those same feelings were translated across his words as I read the story of his life and ancestors.  His family has maintained their genealogy back to the 1500s and he asked Max to be sure the record continues.   Seeing a long line of doctor's in his family, I wonder how much influence Larry had on Max deciding he would be a doctor and how much of it was in his genes.   I am grateful to have the family story to hand down to the kids and to have known Larry.  We pray God holds tight Larry's surviving family members as they remember him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And so it is and ever shall be, carry the ball Dr, Max. Love Anonymous/Gram

Anonymous said...

Oh, so sorry to hear of Dr. Larry's passing. I know the past year has been difficult for all. God bless him and you guys for keeping him close.
Mom (connie)

Courtney said...

What a wonderful thing to have the family genealogy. Sorry for the loss of such an amazing Grandpa.

Anonymous said...

Katie, that was a really lovely post about GPL. Thank you for continuing to be the heart of our family as well as yours. -A