Into The Woods

Hailey tried out for the Middle School play and was cast as a Dancing Fairy.   Her school performed the musical "Into the Woods".  It is a play combining characters from "Little Red Riding Hood", "Rapunzel", "Cinderella", and "Jack and the Beanstalk".  It was delightful and very entertaining!  I was expecting the kind of plays we did when I was in middle school (awful and painful to watch).  But the degree in which the lines were delivered, the complex choreography, and very talented cast shocked me.  Hailey has a  proved yet again that she can do anything she puts her mind to.  A child out of Max and I should not be able to dance, yet Hailey was graceful and beautiful as though she had taken dance classes before.
They had an art contest for the cover and poster artwork for the play.  Hailey's picture was chosen!!  Here is the pamphlet and poster.
 My cup runneth over with pride.  Hailey showed dedication and a lot of independence through the last few months.  In the month of February she had rehearsal until 5 every Monday through Thursday. She has blossomed into such a wonderful lady that kept a 4.0 while she juggled the play, swimming and horses.
 She always managed to keep a good attitude and smile on her face.
Hailey wrote in her bio: I love theater.  My hobbies are horseback riding, drawing and swimming.  This is my second play.  I participated in a play at my church.  I've one dog and three other siblings.  I want to thank my family, particularly Mom, for helping me be in this play and Grandma for coming to watch me!  No, that didn't make me cry.  Nope, not one bit.  Like not even now as I type it...
Shine bright baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Hailey!! Wish I could have been there. The pics are great and congrats on winning the art competition, too. Look forward to watching you in another play sometime!

-Aunt Anna