How Kaitlin Spent Her 7th Birthday

 Kaitlin's actual birthday won't go down as one of her best.  She was so excited that her class was going on a desert hike on her birthday.  However, when I went to pick her up before lunch she was holding a  cold compress to her eye.  Along the hike she had been stung by a bug. :(  Her eye had a good welt under it.  Luckily we were headed to the pediatrician for her 7 year check up anyway. The swelling calmed down and the rest of her check up went great.  She is a big and very healthy 7 year old!
Breakfast was a bust.  Max had to be at the hospital early and didn't even get to see her.  She just wanted Honey Nut Cheerios.   She chose Subway for our lunch date.  A turkey sandwich with provolone, tomatoes, olives and lettuce.
For dinner it was her favorite shells and white cheddar, a rotisserie chicken leg, and salad with tomatoes and olives.  Girl loves her olives and tomatoes.
 We had to do presents before rushing off to piano.
 Her present was a new mountain bike!  No more bike trailer, this biker babe is ready to hit the dirt roads!
With just having cake on Sunday and left overs on Monday.  She was ready for a change.  We had brownie sundaes!  
Hailey wrote Kaitlin the sweetest poem for her card.

You are the sweetest pea of our pod
If a favor is needed, your answer is a nod
Trying to help all the time
Your love is an ear greeting chime.

You have hair as long as a river
Your smile makes me quiver with glee
I'll always love you
My little pea.


While not the greatest actual birthday, still pretty sweet.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Awww, so such a sweet poem for a big hearted kid.
XOXO and happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

I drop a leave a response each time I like a post on a site or if
I have something to add to the discussion. Usually it is
caused by the passion displayed in the post I read. And after this
post "How Kaitlin Spent Her 7th Birthday".

I was moved enough to drop a thought ;-) I actually do have
2 questions for you if you usually do not mind.
Is it simply me or does it appear like some of the remarks appear like
coming from brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing at
other online social sites, I would like to keep up with everything
new you have to post. Would you make a list the complete urls of all your public sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed,
or linkedin profile?

My web-site: http://wealthwayonline.com/louisvuittonbags.html