Kaitlin's Hello Kitty Paint Party

We celebrated Kaitlin's birthday on Sunday with a Hello Kitty Paint Party.
  Kaitlin loves Hello Kitty and art so we combined them.
 This party was a little too much fun for me!  You know how I love a theme...  It was fun using rainbow colors with a Hello Kitty twist.  We set up a "Starving Artist" table.
 Gatorade became Creative Juice with little number 7's on top and Hello Kitty duct tape wrappers.
 Their forks and straws became the Artists Tools.
 Rainbow fruit Shish Kabobs and rainbow gold fish crackers for snacks.
 Rainbow paint brush rice crispy treats.  These were so cute.  A crowd favorite!  In the middle of the night last night Siri ate all but one of the left overs.  Apparently even the dog loved them.
Picasso Pops
Hello Kitty Cake Version 2.0.  You can see last year's cake here.
 Max made these Hello Kitty paint shirts to protect the artist's clothes.  The birthday girl had to stand out. :)
 It was time to start painting!
 First they painted the canvas all one color.
 I am likely the least artistic in the family, so I was very nervous leading the painting party.  Luckily 6 and 7 year olds are pretty forgiving, even if they are better artist.
 While we let the canvas dry we came in for some refreshments.
Then they painted a large circle of another color in the middle.

Hank even made one.
 While step 2 dried we played Pin the Paint Brush on Hello Kitty.  Kaitlin was quite pleased with Max's creation.
Little kids just love this game.
 Then it was time to add the letter of each of their names and some polka dots!

While the final masterpieces dried the kids took a crack at the piñata.  This was an absolute requirement for Kaitlin.  She wanted a party at home specifically so she could have a piñata. :)

Candy + Kids = success!
Finally it was time to sing Happy Birthday and eat cake!

We used a water color set as a thank you card that said: Thanks for coming to my party!  You made it a  masterpiece!  
At the bottom we added individualized Thank Yous.
The final masterpieces!
This party was SO fun but could never have been such a success if it weren't for the entire family.  This was a team party.  Everyone chipped in to make it a special day for Kaitlin.  The first of April came and I realized we hadn't figured out a party date or idea yet.  Usually I begin working on theme well in advance but we threw this party together in a week and most of the details in one day.  Without everyone being willing to spend their time helping ( read between the lines- cleaning and doing whatever crazy art project Mom asked)  it wouldn't have happened.  Kaitlin must have thanked me a dozen times last night with her big old grin.  "Thank you for my party!"  Nothing makes me happier then making them feel special.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Happy 7th Birthday Sweet Kaitlin!! Looks like an awesome party for an awesome little girl. Love it Katie! May have to copy this party at some point. :)

Courtney said...

Happy BIrthday Kaitlin! I agree, love the paint a canvas idea. What fun! THey turned out great!

Meow Opre said...

Oh my I so so love Hello Kitty because she's a cat and she's a theme of PINK! <3 I am so fond of this character that makes me compile stuffs of her like wallpapers and just lately I started a collection of Hello Kitty Birthday Party ideas . I am just so happy I could pick some from your site. Credits will be added dear!
God bless!
-Meow