Easter

I always love Easter time.  It is full of spiritual importance, tradition and beauty.
 There is something magical about dying eggs no matter what age you are.  On Saturday we had a nice leisurely day of eating, drinking and dyeing eggs.
 Max tried to dye one of his eggs in his beer glass. :)
The next morning the kids were up bright and early to see what the Easter Bunny had left them.  Hank found the golden egg this year!
Lots of chocolate and sweet treats for my bunnies.
 Then it was time to get ready for church and the much hated tradition of family pictures.
 Much practice is required to get a good shot.  I think you could have heard the kids' collective groan all the way to California.
  So we forced them to smile and pretend like they were happy.
 It only took two different photo sessions with about 100 photos to get two good ones.
Happy Easter!
 But later that day we got to really celebrate.  We had brunch with none other than creamed eggs!  Then Nana and Karlie made the traditional lamb cake.
 He is so precious that it was hard to eat him.  As Pops pointed out, that is the point!  I hope to pass on this tradition to our kids.  My grandmother who came over from Germany made this same lamb cake with me when I was a little girl.  It is neat that Max's grandmother passed the tradition down to Jeanette.
While Chiviots are not a typical Easter dinner, they were SO good!   EDITED We had SO many feasts, I got my dinners confused!  Chivitos were on Saturday night.  Easter we had Nana's famous Mexican dinner.  Again a traditional family meal that we love... :)
Easter was a beautiful spring day full of celebrating with loved ones that He is risen!   We celebrated with traditions, feasting, and worshiping together.  I am so thankful for the blessings my 4 little Peeps bring to my life and that through God's grace they can have everlasting life.


No comments: