Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!
Today is a special day.  It is not a day that I feel I should be pampered or given gifts and flowers for.  While those things are all nice and lovely, today is really a day about me.  It is about getting a chance to be what I have always wanted to be, a mom.  I revel in this day.  Not to hear how great I am or what a good mom I am, but because I GET to be a mom.  As a young woman I feared I would have trouble having children.  Luckily that was not the case and each time Max and I decided we wanted another baby we were granted one... immediately.  But I have known plenty of women that struggled through years of infertility and some who Mother's Day became a painful day because as hard as they tried, they would never become pregnant.  So, I do not take this day for granted.
I am grateful to be in the Mother's Day club and to be able to celebrate motherhood.  No other job on this earth completes me or fulfills me like motherhood.  Tonight I read each of the kids You Are My I Love You at bedtime, I cried.  I figured by the time I got to Hailey I would be able to suck it up.  No such luck.  Every time I read "I am your water wings, you are my deep", emotions rolled over me like the tide rolling in.  It is so huge to be a mom.  As I teared up Hailey assured me, "I know how to swim Mom, it's ok."  Ah, but my sweet, you have to learn to swim in life.  I am not ready to take off the water wings.  I love them so much and wish more than anything I could hit pause.  What if you are living your dream?  Motherhood is my dream and boy is it a good one.  One that I don't want to end anytime soon.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Beautiful post! Your kids are so lucky to have you as their mama. Sniff...