First Day of Spring

I am still trying to catch up from our busy March.  Spring is such a beautiful time here.  The desert is blooming, there is a faint green hint to the landscape and the weather is wonderful.
The first day of spring rings in flip flop season for sure, so the kids got new flip flops.  The girls were excited to show off their fancy feet.  Max got a new cold coozie because nothing goes better with warm weather than an ice cold beer.  Spring rolls and spring Oreos were a fun snack before we took a  walk to see how many flowers we could find.  We also planted garden version 4.0.  I live by quote, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."  It would seem that plants and I don't get along very well.  I have fatal effect on them, yet I keep envisioning bountiful gardens, so I keep trying.  However, it might be time to listen to the rest of the quote by W. C. Fields who said, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.  Then quit.  There's no point being a damn fool about it."  I can report that a month later all the plants are still alive.  Cross your fingers!

No comments: