8 Seconds

 Last night was the night before the last day of school.  Hailey was studying for her hardest finals.  Max was in Florida for work.  I was bull riding!  It was our last chance for a Mom's Night Out before everyone flees for the summer.  My good friend I have been talking about riding a bull since the first time we visited Buffalo Chip Saloon and decided it was now or never!
The cowgirl in me has always wanted to ride a bull.  It might be those darn country songs playing in my head, like Tim McGraw's song Live Like You're Dying:

I went skydiving
I went rocky mountain climbing
I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu
And I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denyin'
And he said, Someday I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dying'

Well my bull's name was Bear and I went 8 seconds!
Or maybe it was Brad Paisley's lyrics : 
You think that riding a wild bull sounds crazy
And I'd like to give it a whirl

Then there is Garth's Brooks song Rodeo that has playing in my head since I was a teen...
Well it's bulls and blood, it's dust and mud
It's the roar of a Sunday crowd, it's the white in his knuckles
The gold in the buckle he'll win the next go 'round
It's boots and chaps, it's cowboy hats
It's spurs and latigo, it's the ropes and the reins
And the joy and the pain and they call the thing rodeo



Or maybe I am having a midlife crisis.  All are possibilities.
I love living in Arizona.  I think it might be the only place in the country you can decide to ride a bull as long as you sign the waiver, have jeans, close toed shoes, pay the small fee, and don't appear inebriated.  I can't say enough good things about Buffalo Chip Saloon.  They took care of my other wild cowgirl buddy and me so nicely.  They instructed us carefully and let us get our feet wet.  

After signing the waiver, going pee, and taking a shot of Fireball for courage we were ready to get loaded in the chute!  They released the gates and out I went ready for the ride of my life.  Bear was an old grandpa who gave me more of pony ride than a bull ride.  I kicked him a few times in an attempt to get him going.  So technically I can cross bull riding off my bucket list, but the unfortunate part is that I really liked it and want a bull with a little more spunk in him.  I shouldn't be able to gracefully dismount after the horn.  We have plans to go back and go bigger!

5 comments:

ninest123 said...

nike free, michael kors, longchamp outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton, burberry, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp pas cher, nike outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, nike air max, louboutin, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, ugg boots, uggs on sale, nike roshe run, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp, oakley sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, air max, louis vuitton, air jordan pas cher, louboutin shoes, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada outlet, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, sac longchamp, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, louboutin outlet, kate spade outlet

ninest123 said...

ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, timberland, lacoste pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, north face, hollister, hermes, hogan, lululemon, mulberry, michael kors, nike air max, coach purses, coach outlet, tn pas cher, nike air max, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, converse pas cher, vans pas cher, ray ban uk, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch, michael kors, ralph lauren uk, nike roshe, sac guess, ugg boots, coach outlet, nike air max, burberry outlet online, true religion jeans, hollister pas cher, north face, michael kors outlet, replica handbags, oakley pas cher, burberry, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, new balance pas cher, nike free run uk, michael kors, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, vanessa bruno

ninest123 said...

herve leger, longchamp, louboutin, soccer shoes, jimmy choo shoes, mac cosmetics, ghd, iphone cases, babyliss, insanity workout, hollister, north face outlet, north face outlet, soccer jerseys, hollister, ferragamo shoes, birkin bag, mcm handbags, mont blanc, bottega veneta, nike roshe, vans shoes, oakley, p90x workout, asics running shoes, chi flat iron, valentino shoes, nike trainers, gucci, baseball bats, new balance, reebok shoes, wedding dresses, nike air max, nike huarache, nike air max, abercrombie and fitch, celine handbags, instyler, timberland boots, nfl jerseys, hollister, converse outlet, vans, beats by dre, ray ban, lululemon, lancel, giuseppe zanotti, ralph lauren

ninest123 said...

moncler, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, moncler, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, swarovski crystal, swarovski, canada goose, ugg boots uk, canada goose, moncler, moncler, ugg pas cher, karen millen, doudoune canada goose, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose uk, moncler, juicy couture outlet, replica watches, sac louis vuitton pas cher, hollister, links of london, supra shoes, bottes ugg, toms shoes, coach outlet, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, marc jacobs, canada goose, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, moncler, pandora charms, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora jewelry, pandora charms, canada goose, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, montre pas cher

ninest123 said...

ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, timberland, lacoste pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, north face, hollister, hermes, hogan, lululemon, mulberry, michael kors, nike air max, coach purses, coach outlet, tn pas cher, nike air max, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, converse pas cher, vans pas cher, ray ban uk, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch, michael kors, ralph lauren uk, nike roshe, sac guess, ugg boots, coach outlet, nike air max, burberry outlet online, true religion jeans, hollister pas cher, north face, michael kors outlet, replica handbags, oakley pas cher, burberry, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, new balance pas cher, nike free run uk, michael kors, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, vanessa bruno