Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July!
The last time we were home for 4th of July was 4 years ago.  The 110 degree heat reminded my why we always try to be anywhere else.  :)  We thought it would be fun to recreate our photo from then.  Boy have the kids grown!  I had to laugh as both Hank and Max have their same suits.  Hank can still wear a 5T swim suit!!  However, all of the ladies no longer have the same suits or could fit in them!  We were talking about trying to do this every four years and imaging the images of kids being absent as they leave to college and start families of their own until one year it is just Max and me in the photo.   Then husbands and a wife would be added and eventually grandkids.  Father Time is a strange thing.  We are so blessed to live in the land of the free because of the brave.  We are so grateful to have the freedom and joy to celebrate this day but never forget that our joyful celebrations came at a heavy price for many.  So proud to be American.  I love my country even if I don't love our leaders.  We can do better America.  I can only hope that in four more years our lives will be as blessed and that America will once again be what our forefathers dreamed we would be.

No comments: